With the world getting more and more socially entangled, we have a lot of passwords to remember. The most important among all these passwords is the WiFi password of your home’s router. It happens often that you saved WiFi password and forgot it because you don’t have to reinsert every time.
So if you are not able to recall it right now and if you haven’t changed the default password then it is a good sign that you will get your password. If you have modified the default password, then jump to method 2.
Just Open the below link in new tab.
Once the site is loaded, follow these steps:
- When you visit the website you will be asked to select your router manufacturer.
- Then click Find Password.
- After a few seconds it will fetch all models of the particular manufacturer.
- Now you have to find your router’s model number which is printed on your router.
- After that find the model in the table which comes after a few minutes.
The table contains various information such as Company name, Model number, Protocol which is used by the router, default Username and Password for that particular router model. Some WiFi router manufacturer also prints default username and password on the router itself. You can use them also. The Password may be printed one of the below terms.
- Security Key
- Wireless Key
- WPA Key
- WPA2 Key
- WEP Key
You also have one other option to find your password. But for that, you need another device which is already connected with your router in the past. If you have any device then you can simply find the password which may be either default or the altered one after the first configuration of the router. If you have any Windows device or computer then your work would be a lot easier. You have to perform the below steps:
1. Open control panel.
2. Click view network status and tasks.
3. Now click Change Adapter Setting at the left pane of the window.
4. Now right click on the WiFi icon and select Status in options menu.
5. Click on Wireless Properties.
6. Select the security tab in the box that will open.
7. Check Show Password checkbox which will display you your password.
8. That’s all. You will find your WiFi password.
Do you know some other way to recover your lost Wifi Password? Do let us know.